OPKO FineTech is a profitable Israeli company engaged in the development and production of high-value, high-potency specialty APIs (active pharmaceutical ingredients).
FineTech’s proven production capabilities and tested expertise in the fields of analytical chemistry and organic synthesis are expected to play an important role in the commercialization of OPKO’s pipeline of proprietary diagnostic peptoids and small molecule therapeutics.
FineTech’s fully developed commercial APIs include:
- Donepezil hydrochloride
- Methylbenzethonium chloride
FineTech’s facility is equipped to perform a variety of scientific functions, including:
- Multi-step synthesis
- Use of high pressure reactors, ranging from laboratory scale to commercial production
- Preparative separation technology
- Impurity identification and analytical markers certification
- In-house reference standards characterization & certification
- Stability studies at normal & accelerated conditions
- Development of stability-indicating assay methods
- HPLC (high-performance liquid chromatography) and gas chromatography
- Liquid chromatography mass spectrography (LC-MS)
- Thermal analysis and x-ray crystallography for polymorph identification and characterization
- Optical purity determination (digital polarimetry and/or chiral HPLC)
FineTech’s laboratories are fully equipped to move from R&D through pilot and commercial production scales. Its products are currently marked for sale and licensing to the United States, Canada, Europe, and Israel.